- All hardwood floors require some regular
maintenance and attention to keep them looking their best and
lasting to their full potential. In order to best protect your
hardwood floor, please observe the following:
- Regularly sweep or vacuum the floor with a
soft brush to prevent abrasive dirt and dust from accumulating and
scratching the finish.
- Don't Damp Mop: Water and wood floors don't
mix! Use only the manufacturer's recommended cleaning products on
your hardwood floor.
- Wipe Spills Immediately: When accidents
happen and some liquid gets spilled on your hardwood floor, you
should use a slightly damp white cloth, or paper towel,
immediately to clean up and dry the affected area. For more
difficult spots, follow the manufacturer's recommended cleaning
- Never use wax, oil-based detergent or any
other household cleaners on the floors. These may dull or damage
the finish, leaving a greasy film and making the floor slippery
and more difficult to clean.
- Use felt pads under all furniture and chair
legs, in order to ease their movements and to prevent scratches.
Periodically check and replace the felt pads when dirty or worn.
For extremely heavy objects such as a piano, use wide,
non-staining rubber cups. Purchasing floor protectors is cheap
insurance for the protection of your hardwood floor investment.
- Damaged or worn high heel shoes may expose
a metal tip which is certain to damage the surface finish. Keep
high heel shoes in good condition.
- Protect your floor against direct sunlight
or any intense source of artificial lighting. Over time, intense
natural and artificial light will discolor hardwood floors.
these simple steps will keep your hardwood floors beautiful for
years to come!